For the third time in five years, Riverbend Elementary has received recognition as a top-ranking Title I school in North Carolina, as a 2019-20 National ESEA Distinguished School Nominee in the “high performance” category.

The school was honored Thursday for being in the top 1% of Title I schools in the state at the N.C. Association of Compensatory Educators Conference in Greensboro.

The National Title I Distinguished Schools Recognition Program recognizes high student achievement in schools that have substantial poverty rates, high end-of-grade success rates, and significant growth in scores. The program is sponsored by the National Association of State Title I Directors and the United States Department of Education.

Each year, two Title I schools from North Carolina are chosen to represent the state as National Title I Distinguished Schools in the “high progress” and “high performance” categories. This year, Riverbend Elementary met the eligibility requirements for consideration for the National Title I Distinguished School award in the “high performance” category.

Approximately 10 percent of Title I schools in North Carolina are eligible to be included in the Distinguished Schools process; schools in the top 10 percent of those eligible schools – the top 1 percent of Title I schools statewide – are asked to submit portfolios for consideration for the prestigious National Title I Distinguished School Awards.

Share This

Upcoming Events

April 6, 2020
Bible Club
Spring Break
HCS - Annual Leave Day
April 7, 2020
Spring Break
HCS - Annual Leave Day
April 8, 2020
Spring Break
HCS - Annual Leave Day
April 9, 2020
Spring Break
HCS - Holiday
April 10, 2020
Spring Break
HCS - Holiday
April 13, 2020
Bible Club
April 20, 2020
Bible Club
April 23, 2020
K/1 Music Program
Time: 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
April 25, 2020
Box Tops Due

Contact Us

• Riverbend Elementary
  • Jill Chambers, Principal
  • 71 Learning Lane Clyde, NC 28721
  • 828.627.6565