For the third time in five years, Riverbend Elementary has received recognition as a top-ranking Title I school in North Carolina, as a 2019-20 National ESEA Distinguished School Nominee in the “high performance” category.

The school was honored Thursday for being in the top 1% of Title I schools in the state at the N.C. Association of Compensatory Educators Conference in Greensboro.

The National Title I Distinguished Schools Recognition Program recognizes high student achievement in schools that have substantial poverty rates, high end-of-grade success rates, and significant growth in scores. The program is sponsored by the National Association of State Title I Directors and the United States Department of Education.

Each year, two Title I schools from North Carolina are chosen to represent the state as National Title I Distinguished Schools in the “high progress” and “high performance” categories. This year, Riverbend Elementary met the eligibility requirements for consideration for the National Title I Distinguished School award in the “high performance” category.

Approximately 10 percent of Title I schools in North Carolina are eligible to be included in the Distinguished Schools process; schools in the top 10 percent of those eligible schools – the top 1 percent of Title I schools statewide – are asked to submit portfolios for consideration for the prestigious National Title I Distinguished School Awards.

Share This

Upcoming Events

February 25, 2020
Box Tops Due
February 26, 2020
Chocolate Sale
February 27, 2020
Chocolate Sale
February 28, 2020
Chocolate Sale
February 29, 2020
Chocolate Sale
March 1, 2020
Chocolate Sale
March 2, 2020
Chocolate Sale
Spring Book Fair
March 3, 2020
Chocolate Sale
Spring Book Fair
March 4, 2020
Chocolate Sale
Spring Book Fair
March 5, 2020
Chocolate Sale
Spring Book Fair
March 6, 2020
Chocolate Sale

Contact Us

• Riverbend Elementary
  • Jill Chambers, Principal
  • 71 Learning Lane Clyde, NC 28721
  • 828.627.6565