Principal: Karley Wells
I am thrilled to introduce myself as the principal of Riverbend Elementary School. It is a privilege to be a part of the Riverbend family and community, and I want to thank each of you for allowing our staff to play such an important role in your child’s life.
It is no secret that Riverbend is the gem of Haywood County Schools. The success that Riverbend has had year after year can be attributed to the staff and families that have poured love, learning, and support into each child that passes through. I believe that together we can continue to accomplish great things for our children. The staff at Riverbend will spend a lot of time with your children leading them into a growth process that will help them achieve academic excellence and a well-rounded life. The educators we have at Riverbend are the best of the best and they truly love children. They make the most of every minute that your children are in front of them. Our teachers are continually working to perfect their craft so that they may use the best instructional practices for their students.
Our hope is that teachers, administration, and parents will work alongside each other for the betterment of our students. Together we will deepen their knowledge and grow their learning to ensure windows of opportunity continue to stay open for their future. We will celebrate their successes, small and large. As a united front, we will encourage our students every day and let them know they are loved, valued, and have a special place in our school family. I believe that students are able to achieve when they are surrounded by adults that are invested in them and believe in their potential. Based on this deep belief it will be a priority of mine to ensure that we come together, both community and a school, as partners in your child’s education.
Our school vision is, “Growing together as a community of learners, every day in every way.” When Riverbend came together to craft these belief statements the students and their success was at the forefront of everyone’s minds:
- Riverbend believes in providing stimulating experiences for all children to reach their fullest potential within a positive, secure environment.
- We also believe a successful school is a community of learners who contribute positively to the school, the community, and the world.
- In addition, a prosperous school is one that encourages involvement, fosters communication, and welcomes support from students, teachers, parents, and the community, which it serves.
Therefore, we make it our mission to:
- Be passionate about reading and learning
- Be a positive influence on others
- Boldly challenge ourselves and one another
- Exceed expectations
- Be problem solvers.
With our mission and beliefs driving us, we invite you (parents, grandparents, family, and friends) to work with us to make this a great year for our children!